Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Brief Book Review: 1,000 Steampunk Creations: Neo-Victorian Fashion, Gear, and Art by Dr. Grymm

I love Steampunk, and recently ordered from my local library as many books on Steampunk art/jewelry/fashion/etc as I could. One of the books I ordered was Dr. Grymm's 1,000 Steampunk Creations: Neo-Victorian Fashion, Gear and Art. I absolutely loved it!  Dr. Grymm did a fantastic job of tracking down amazing Steampunk creations.  It is a highly organized book with categories ranging from fashion to Fine Art, accessories to home decor, jewelry to inventions/contraptions, and many other categories.  Even within each category a wide range of styles or art medium is shown.  Of all the Steampunk books I got out, this was certainly the best one.  I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking to find Steampunk inspiration for their own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment