Saturday, September 8, 2012

So excited! I bought a new torch!

Well, after torturing myself about it; flip-flopping back and forth between buying it this year or waiting until next year, I finally couldn't stand it any longer and bought a new butane torch from Rio Grande (along with two re-fueling tanks, a long-life hard charcoal block, third-hand w/tweezers, 18ga 6" x 12" copper sheet, and two 20ga 6" x 12" copper sheets). Originally, I was going to wait until next year, but I'm so eager to try some new things that I couldn't wait any longer, especially since my previous torch has become unsafe to use.  I don't dare turn it on as pretty soon it starts making popping sounds (think Fireswamp from The Princess Bride) and then shoots flames out the side of the torch, exactly in the spot where my hand is.  I'm so excited to start trying some new things and can't wait until the torch gets here!!  I also want to get some gesso and Prismacolor pencils to experiment with colouring the copper sheet.  I wonder what would happen if I took a torch to it? Hmmm, something to try out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment